Commodore's Update - April 29
Published 18:39 on 29 Apr 2020
Week 6 of lockdown. Thank you all for abiding by the current rules and not going to MYC, I know it's frustrating,but at least we can say we have done our bit for our country.
The security of the club is ongoing and I get to see all the reports that come in several times a day, all looks good.
Hopefully, next week we may know a little more about the lockdown being slowly lifted. On Monday nights general committee meeting we discussed a plan on the best way to re-open the club when we are told that the lockdown is lifted. A risk assessment has been completed,so as far as has been possible, we should be ready to open when the government says so.
There has been one bit of work going on down the club and that is that we have had all the machinery inspected for safety and insurance perposes. Imagine how popular I would be if I had not allowed this to happen and the lockdown was lifted but the machinery was out of test and we had to wait a while until it was completed before we could launch boats.
Thank you all for your patience.
Last updated 18:39 on 29 April 2020